Thursday, January 05, 2012

On the 12th Day of Christmas, Our Lord and Our Church give us the Feast of St. John Neumann

 
  • He was the 4th Bishop of Philadelphia, my hometown.  
  • Canonized in 1977, he is buried in St. Peter the Apostle Church in Philadelphia.









1)  Visit his shrine in Philadelphia
2)  Learn about this great man from the video below:

3)  Finally, let us pray together with St. John Neumann
 
My God, how great Thou art, how wonderful in all Thy works! Teach me Thy will that I may begin and end all my actions for Thy greater glory.

Speak to me, 0 my God, let me know Thy will, for behold I am ready to fulfill Thy every command. The difficult, the irksome, I will patiently endure for love of Thee.

0 my God, I thank Thee for the love Thou hast planted in my heart. I will cultivate this precious flower. I will guard it night and day that nothing may injure it. Do Thou, 0 Lord, water it with the dew of Thy grace.   Amen

~ From the Diary of St. John Henry Newman


God Bless you and your family,


Deacon Tom

No comments: