Monday, May 20, 2013

A Gifted Blind Prodigy Gives Glory to God in Spite of His Shortcoming


How was your day today? Feel sick? Feel kind of fat? 


"This blind musician from Northern Virginia performs in concert halls throughout the world, but says his Catholic faith helps him deliver his music. Read about him here: http://ow.ly/kSM2d "





Often I have lots of excuses not to have a good day.  In the attached film we see a young man who goes beyond his infirmities.

http://youtu.be/ozdRzyFeJ4s

In many ways, I guess we're called to be like the young man.  He could've spent his life saying I can't because I'm blind; I won't because I'm blind.  Instead, he sees the beauty of God through his shortcoming and turns them into ways to praise God.

With my physical challenges I sometimes I find myself saying I can't andI won't, more than I saying thank you to God for the life that I have.

Tomorrow let's all thank God for all the gifts that we have, including the ones that may not look like guess at first blush.

May God bless you and your family. 

May God's loving arms around the families of the victims of the Oklahoma City tornado. 

And may you know no God more tomorrow than you do today.

Love in Christ, 
Deacon Tom



No comments: