Saturday, March 19, 2011

How Do You Relate to St Joseph?

My Morning Walk
Good Morning World,


I walked the beach alone this morning.  Actually, the Lord was walking along with me now that I think of it.  We had the most wonderful prayer time together.  

I tried to relate to the experience of St. Joseph.  On many levels Joseph is a person for me to model.  



First, his submission to the will of God.  Although I have committed my life completely, I struggle with some of the areas that I still hold on to.  One example is my materialism.  I like very nice things for myself and my family when I really could get by with "nice".


Second, is Joseph's willingness to be shamed in his community -- all for the will of God.  I could only imagine the depth of gossip in his tribe when he said that he was going to marry a pregnant woman--especially, one who he did not impregnate. 


Finally, I admire Joseph's ability to become small in status for Mary and Jesus.  I guess Joseph should be the patron saint the "strong silent types."

Guys,  where does your journey with Christ model St. Joseph?  Where do you need to improve.  


Ladies,  how does the relationship of Joseph to his spouse relate to your personal relationships?


Love ya'll,
Deacon Tom

No comments: